1. Ditch last year's dating disappointments. If you tried dating guys in 2011 and things ended in disaster, put those mistakes and disappointments behind you. Cease communication with the guys that you didn't find date-worthy. You can't make room for a new guy in 2012 if you're still messing around with the old guys from 2011.
2. Stop trying so hard. If you're looking for true love, you're supposed to be looking for a guy who will love and respect you the way you are. You're not supposed to be trying to make drastic changes to your appearance or to your lifestyle to please a man. If that's what you did in 2011, don't do it in 2012. In the New Year, just go with the flow and be yourself. It doesn't make since to change yourself into something that you're not just to be with a particular guy. Those kinds of relationships never last.
3. Stay off dating websites for one year. If you've been dating online with no success, why not try giving it a break for one whole year? Try meeting people around you in your real life rather than trying to date in cyberspace.
4. Do your research. If you've been a member of DDHG for a while, you know that we advocate checking out each and every guy you date. You may not always do that, but in 2012, make it a habit to find out as much as you can about your potential dates. This will save you time, energy and heartache in the long run.
5. When in doubt, trust your gut. Although Mother Nature gave each of us this handy thing called intuition, we women sometimes don't trust it. But most of the time, our guts are our guides and forewarn us when something just isn't right. In 2012, make it your business to trust your gut each and every time when it comes to dating. If you've researched a guy and he seems great on paper, but when you meet him, he seems weird or something doesn't feel right, don't go on another date. Trust your instincts to guide you in love in 2012.